- Matches are at 1:30 PM Tuesdays and Fridays
- All WTFers must be members of Seven Oaks Swim & Racquet Club
- Contact List: Ernie will maintain a contact list of all WTF players. If your phone # or email changes please let Ernie know ASAP at
. If you need a copy, send an email to Ernie as this roster list will not be on the website for security reasons.
- Schedule: Ernie will set up a schedule 3 times a year for the WTF players in the normal rotation. (Dec–Mar) (Apr-Jul) (Aug-Nov). All normal rotation members will get a pdf file before each new session that will have a current contact list and the new schedules. The current schedules (pdf) are also available on this website.
- New for 2019 - Ernie's schedule assigns beer only to beer drinkers. For every 4 beer drinkers, one is assigned to bring beer.
- If you are scheduled but can not play, email the WTF list asking for a substitute using the “reply all” on Don's latest “schedule” WTF email. If you were assigned ‘Balls and/or Beer”, your sub is responsible unless other arrangements are made.
- If you are a WTF sub or a regular rotation player scheduled to be 'OFF" and want to play, please inform Don by using the “reply all” on Don's latest “schedule” WTF email. You may be assigned to fill in for a scheduled player or to a new court. You could be designated to bring balls and/or beer (if you are a beer drinker).
- Weather: We cancel play if the temperature goes above 91° or below 39°.
Don is responsible for canceling play due to rain or temperature.
Rain: because several WTFers still work and our communications are by email, the 1:30 PM
start time can NOT be moved up due to rain. If the start time is moved back due to wet courts, it is up to Don to be sure all players are notified.
- On the day before a play-day, when the forecast for rain at game-time is greater than 50%, "scheduled" players may choose to change the 1:30 p.m. starting time to increase the likelihood that they will play.
- Scheduled players may also decide not to play at 7 Oaks and instead seek indoor court time elsewhere.
- These choices must be in multiples of four so that players who prefer to take their chances of play at 7 Oaks at 1:30 p.m. may do so and still be part of a viable foursome.
- Any scheduled player can ask via email for a change of time or venue and then coordinate the responses. If one of the players prefers not to change, at least three others must remain committed to the 1:30 p.m. play at 7 Oaks. If eight or more are scheduled, "first-come, first-served" will apply to determining who can make a change.
- The "Weather Underground" web site will be used exclusively to determine "greater than 50%" chance of rain.
- We do not play if the temperature goes above 91° at 1:30 pm.
NOTE: Heat Index (HI) is not used. Players need to be aware of the HI and get a sub if they would rather not play. (HI has been tried and most player did not like using it)
Don may decide if we play 24 hours in advance. If "Weather Underground" is predicting the temperature to be above 91° at 1:30 pm for our WTF play, he may cancel WTF 24 hours early. Once Don cancels, his work is done.
- Players have the option to play after Don cancels and it is up to them to fill the courts with 4 players and assign balls & beer.
- For days where it is obvious that the temperature will above 91, Don may cancel 48 hours early
- Don may cancel WTF any time on the day before the scheduled play if Weather Underground calls for a temperature below 39° at 1:30 PM the next day.
- Cards will be picked to decide who plays on which court and who your partner will be. If the first set ends up 6-0, 6-1 or 6-2 then players can change partners and play Mad Dog (each set with a different partner). For set #2, the person who just served is teamed with the person who is to serve next. If a 3rd set is played, then players who have not been partners in first 2 sets will be partners.